Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Purpose In Christ

So Recently- since i started this whole blog- i've been thinking a lot about what my role is in the now. I know what God's plan is for me in my life- it involves me awakening the Church from it's elitist apathetic state. Of course you understand that that really points towards the Churches in the US and also to pull out the Churches in Europe. My heart is really in the building of churches and making sure God's people stay focused on what truly maters: God's Word. I also know that's why i have this gift of being able to interpret the Word and to teach.

I took this survey thing (which didn't help with anything really) but it was about my style of worshiping God, basically at what point do i feel closest to God. The tallies show that i am the Intellectual and Activist type. That means that I feel closer to God through my mind and by bringing about social change- which is totally true. Actually it lets me see why i put such a heavy emphasis on the bible, I feel closer to God when i get a new revelation about him through his word. I LOVE learning about him. I also have a heart to bring about a great social change in the Church- i know i would feel closer to him when i finally start my role in helping him bring about his Kingdom in that way. I mean, ever since i was young i have been about starting a revolution and leading a social fight- how i LONG to have been part of the Civil Rights movement or something like that!!! GAAAAAH- i need to be alive during the 60's!!! O.O
(good music yea? ;P)
"For Zion's sake I will not keep silent,
for Jerusalem's sake i will not remain
quiet,
till her righteousness shines out like the dawn,
her salvation like a blazing torch"
Isaiah 62:1

*Coming back from Rant* After i came back from Italy, I was so on fire!!! (known as the Mission Trip Jesus high) and i was doin my devos and and telling myself 'no! i'm SO on fire of God! i will not step down for anything! i will NOT get distracted by this world! The need is too urgent!!! The harvest is Many! TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!! JESUS IS COMIN' BACK!'
......buuuuuuuuuut......
Like what happens when everyone comes back from a missions trip- i did loose the some of that fire, and once i got to college- it all went down hill from there. Never turned back, but i definitely hit the cruze mode for a long time (with the occational step on the gas but it never lasted long). And i'll tell you right now- the reason why Christians find it hard to keep the fire the had on a missions trip is because when u are on a missions trip- it's just you and God. God is dwelling in that place and he is so there that satan has to work EXTRA hard to pierce through the bubble. However, going home you fall back to a normal life- a life where you don't have the option of just spending time with God, you have to deal with other things too like work and money and worries and distractions 24/7. Now, you have to make time to spend with God- it's not just given to you.

But i knew the whole time what God wanted me to do with my life and I knew the first step in doing that was to really get down and do my devotions; not every once and a while but daily (and yes as you can see, i'm still working on that...). But now that i've gotten kind of over that first step, i dunno what the next step should be...I want God to tell me what my next step is suppose to be. =/

I feel like it's the activist part of me that needs to develope more...
lol- but Jesus! i wanna save the world NOOOOOOOOW!!!! >.< =3
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Monday-
"Instead of bronze i will bring you gold, and silver in place of iron. Instead of wood I will bring you bronze, and Iron in place of stones. I will make peace your governor and righteousness your ruler"
Isaiah 60:17

"The least of you will become a thousand, the smallest a mighty nation. I am the Lord; In its time I will do this swiftly."
Isaiah 60:22

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim freedom to the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn."
Isaiah 61: 1-2

Today-
"Who is this coming from Edom, from Bozrah, with his garments stained crimson? Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in greatness of his strength? 'It is I, speaking in righteousness, mighty to save'"
Isaiah 63:1

"I looked, but there was no one to help. I was appalled that no one gave support; so my own arm worked salvation for me, and my own wrath sustained me."
Isaiah 63:5
~I really like this scripture just because it just shows that no matter what, God's will is gonna happen. However, God get's upset when he has to do everything. He wants to be glorified through us, not by him doing glory for himself.

**As a side note** This song has been playing in my head and i absolutely love it <3
Arise!!!

Peace be With You :D
*btw- i'm not an old conservative kind of person. i kno i'm not doing a good job showing that. But i just so happen to like old ppl worship music :P*

2 comments:

  1. This is so true, and I hope that doesn't happen to me after the missions trip this summer. But I'm happy to see you're getting back to God (in a hard-core sort of way). Btw where did you find that survey? I want to do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://common.northpoint.org/sacredpathway.html
    lol- thanks rebecca
    (and there's the link ^_^)

    ReplyDelete