Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Welcome Wagon

I am very excited! after months of searching, i have stumbled upon a band that matches up with my taste in music but have lyrics that satisfy me as well.
it's a pastor and wife duet who go by the name Welcome Wagon.
Sold! To the Nice Rich Man (i guess this is what most would call a Praise Song- it gets better as it goes along :P) is good.
And i also enjoy There is a Fountain Filled With Blood
You Made my Day is ok. Though it's like it get's a little to folksy for me then they pull it back right after the 'ew, country' feeling.



















Apparently they were produced by Sufjan Stevens (shocker right?). But speaking about SS, he made a song that i found pleasing to the soul.
You are the Blood-



sorry for the unexciting video- there wasn't much i could do.
Both Sufjan and WW's style are acquired tastes i think. I know it took me a while to realize that i did actually like Sufjan Stevens and i know i wouldn't have warmed up to Welcome Wagon as quickly if it wan't for him.

I hope this music has blessed you as much as it has blessed me
Peace be With You.

"When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood."
Ezekiel 3:18

"Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for his blood."
Ezekiel 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment