Monday, June 15, 2009

Help me to Stand

I run to you, I seek your face
but without understanding.
because I'm following you hard
I'm a target in Satan's eyes.

Lord how long has he had a finger in my soul?
How long have I been bound in these heavy chains?

I run for you but I'm constricted
I search for you but I'm choking inside
I've been unhappy for so long I'm used to the pain
-but just barely

I'm weak
I'm tired
why don't i feel like anyone's there?
how many years have i felt this lonely?

It's funny how he knows my weakness long before I do.
It's scary that he understands my insecurities before me.

But Lord, you know me
not just my weakness but my strengths.
my heart, my mind
you know all about me
and you know how to help me overcome

Lord Jesus set me free
Break me from the bondage I was too blind to see
I want to live in victory
I want to see your supremacy

Let your majesty wash over me like a flood
So that I may rise again praising you
Hosanna In the Highest
You are able the make me Stand

"He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things- and the things that are not- to nullify the things that are. So that no one may boast before him."
1 Corinthians 1:28-29

"My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power."
1 Corinthians 2:4-5

1 comment:

  1. wow.
    amazing.

    you wrote this?

    i LOVE poetry, like passionately. reading it. writing it. hearing it.

    but this is nice. profound.

    ReplyDelete