Wednesday, May 13, 2009

End or Romans

Not like that took FOREVER :P

"I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what i have said and done"
Romans 15:18
said by Paul. This shows how careful Paul was with his words and actions, so that God could be seen through him as clear and he could.

"I urge you, brothers, to watch out for who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teachings you have learned. Keep away from them."
Romans 16:17

Recently i've been wrestling with the historical facts of the bible- i must say that it was in lack of faith i always avoided this topic. I was too scared to look at historical proof or documents because i was worried i'd find something that didn't add up. However this past Sunday i asked my father about it and realized that going through the history of the bible and how it has become the book it is today is a natural stage of development in a Christian's life.

i haven't done much research yet (actually i haven't even started researching :P) but I will definitely put up any good stuff i come across on here to share with anyone who wants to see.

From what i got from talking with my Dad, what's wrong about these skeptics of the Bible's authenticity/accuracy is that they focus on the surrounding material that is not in the bible and not on the bible itself. apparently there was a very high pass or fail mark for what got into the bible. If there was any doubt at all about a certain book it was thrown out.

I leave you with Lerae- Go Hard




I have this snobbish attitude about christian rap- it kind of sounds a little crappy to me, but Lecrae has such a great testimony i feel- you can see that he really has a heart for God and it shows in the truth in his lyrics. Check it! : )

Peace be with You.

1 comment:

  1. i'm reading Romans now :)

    it's my favorite book in the Bible, just from the scriptures i do know, some of which may even be out of context. i decided, for me, it's not good enough to just be familiar with scriptures. so i'm finally tackling the New Testament (i read most of the Old Testament years ago; i probably need to reread that, too).

    your blog really brings me inspiration. thanks so much! God bless you!

    -kristin
    http://love--and--laughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete